Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The 12 Dozen Meme of LAZY EYE!


I've been tagged by the amazing Movieman and his Dancing Image to participate in the 12 Movies Meme or "take indie cinema back from Diablo Cody before it's too late" movement.

My double features are as follows:

Night One: There Will be Menstrual Blood

THE DESCENT (2005)
CARRIE (1976)











Night Two: Laughton Among the Natives

ISLAND OF LOST SOULS (1933)
WHITE WOMAN (1933)




Night Three: The Yellow Peril: Analyzing pre-code Asian stereotypes

MASK OF FU MANCHU (1932)
DAUGHTER OF THE DRAGON (1931)


Night Four: Gangsters in Love

THE FACE BEHIND THE MASK (1941)
HOLD YOUR MAN (1933)
(The tragedy of the first film gets cheered up by the second)


Night Five: Great Chicks of the Seventies

KLUTE (1971)
AN UNMARRIED WOMAN (1978)
Night Six: The Kids on the Drugs

PSYCH-OUT (1968)
OVER THE EDGE (1979)

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the meme (better late than never). All nights sound intriguing, but I would definitely check out the last, and also probably "Great Chicks of the Seventies": I haven't seen An Unmarried Woman & I love Klute (Pakula's generally underrated I think).

    I'm considering revisiting the 12 movies meme with a variation inspired by James Hansen at Out 1, who selected L'Amour fou because he hadn't seen it. It'll be 12 movies that you haven't seen & aren't available on Netflix. Rest assured, you will be tagged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are my twelve:

    I Can't Sleep:
    Into the Night (Landis, 85)
    Vampire's Kiss (Bierman, 89)

    Only the Good Die Young:
    Ivansxtc (Rose, 00)
    Time to Leave (Ozon, 05)

    The Great Wahl:
    The Wanderers (Kaufman, 79)
    The Soldier (Glickenhause, 82)

    Death in the Afternoon:
    Miami Blues (Armitage, 90)
    After Dark, My Sweet (Foley, 90)

    Deez, Doze, Dem:
    Laws of Gravity (Gomez, 93)
    Last Exit to Brooklyn (Edel, 90)

    Rest Area:
    Private Road (Platts-Mills, 71)
    Radio On (Petit, 79)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn, I tried to watch INTO THE NIGHT awhile ago, but those haircuts! I used to love that movie back in the 1980s, but those poofy dos aint aged well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...